domingo, enero 14, 2007

On the road in Stuttgart

Well my final farewell party (/Bartec's 24th Birthday party) Friday night was a good time, but it was very sad to say goodbye to those people I've spent all of my time with for almost 8 months now. I hope I will someday visit them in their home countries (Australia, Poland and Brazil), and that they will also come to Canada.

I am currently in Stuttgart, Germany, on a giant blowup mattress in Dara Geffen's apartment (which by the way is very nice and new!!! It feels like I'm in an IKEA catalog).

This is a picture of everyone at the party, and what the alps looked like as I flew over them Saturday afternoon.

Dara has been a great host so far and has been feeding me tons of german food. Last night, after walking through the beautiful city park and wandering around the downtown part of the city we met up with a bunch of her work colleagues and flatmates for some traditional eats and beer. When we couldn't eat anymore spetzl, we went for some caparinhas to finish off the night.



Today was a busy day once we got started,... first we were off to the tv tower (built in 1956) to take in the view of Stuttgart and surrounding areas from 150m up. Very windy up there.

After that we took the S-Bahn to a smaller town just outside of Stuttgart called Esslingen. This quaint little German village was very beautiful and had alot of interesting German architecture.

Tomorrow I'm off to Heidelberg to visit with Barbra Weekes (my uncle Bob's neice) who lives there. From there I will take the train to Salzburg on Tuesday.

More pictures to come...

No hay comentarios: